How Long is the Construction Process for Swimming Pools in Melbourne?
09 July 2019 by Chris Rhodes, Category Pool Builder
Are you considering investing in a new swimming pool and simply can’t wait to dive in? Perhaps you already have builders on site and you’re wondering how long they will be there for. If this describes your situation, you might be wondering exactly how long the construction process for swimming pools in Melbourne generally takes. Once excavation is complete, a concrete pool usually takes between eight and fourteenweeks to complete, whilst you can expect your fiberglass shell to be filled and usable within three to six weeks.
But what about everything that occurs prior to excavation? Unfortunately, you cannot simply decide to build a pool and start excavating the following day – there’s a lot more involved in the preparation of the project than you may think.
- Firstly, you’ll have an on-site consultation and analysis with our expert team members. This will include identifying possible locations for the pool, all the variables at play on your site, the location of existing services (such as gas), discussion of applicable regulations, your budget range, the architectural style of your home and any existing landscaping plans – and other challenges that may present themselves.
- This will provide us with all the information we need to put together the design of your dream swimming pool. This will involve discussion and refinement of our proposal, as well as the preparation of a contract.
- Once a contract is in place, your designs will be sent to an engineer and all necessary plans will be submitted to your local council (to obtain all relevant permits). This will take a minimum of four weeks,depending on your council. Other documentation that you may require include: a site analysis plan, stormwater management plan, and a landscape plan.
- After receiving all of the necessary approvals that are required of swimming pools in Melbourne, our team will come back out to your home to mark out the location of your new pool. From there, we can arrange for the excavation of the site to the appropriate depth.
- The next steps will depend entirely on whether you’ve opted for a concrete or a fiberglass pool. For concrete, the steel outline will be created, and the pump/drainage systems will be pre-plumbed. The whole lot will then be sprayed with concrete and finished. For fiberglass, the shell will be delivered and installed in the hole before pump and drainage systems are plumbed.
Once all of the finishing touches (such as coping, paving and/or decking) have been made, the pool can be filled with water. We will complete a handover – in which we explain how everything works – and then you’re ready to dive in!
Whether you’re considering fiberglass or concrete, if you want the best swimming pool in Melbourne, then you should contact Pools R Us. With over 20 years’ experience across a wide range of styles and designs, you can be confident we will create the pool of your dreams!
Call us today on 03 9799 6800
For the most part, Australia is a nation of water babies – we love nothing more than taking a dip on a hot summer afternoon. But have you grown tired of only being able to enjoy the water from December to February?
Are you considering investing in a new swimming pool and simply can’t wait to dive in? Perhaps you already have builders on site and you’re wondering how long they will be there for.